Planning for the eventual sale of your business covers several very important and money-saving decisions and actions. The following are some of them:
- Identifying the right time to sell
- Ensuring you have a good reason to sell
- Preparing your business for sale
- Valuing your business
- Selecting a personal financial planner
- Preparing and strategizing your estate planning
To learn more about the Planning phase of selling a business—contact us— or read the book, EXIT STRATEGY: Maximizing The Value Of Your Business, by Faelon President, Thomas W. Lyons.In the book, Mr. Lyons explains in a concise and easy to understand structure how each of these key steps help to maximize the value of your business and minimize the tax ramifications of the sale.